Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fat Smash Phase One recipes! Mexican Stuffed Peppers

Here I am, starting yet another diet.  But a diet that I was on before, on which I was able to lose a few pounds.

It is the Fat Smash Diet by Dr. Ian from Celebrity Fit Club.  Phase One lasts 9 days, and it is fairly restrictive.  Basically, I'm allowed to eat the following:


Fruits
Vegs (no white potatoes/avocado)
Chickpeas

Beans
Tofu

Lentils
Brown rice 2 cups

2 cups milk
Water

Oatmeal  1 cup
6 oz yogurt low fat 2 times a day

4 egg whites per day
2 cups decaf green tea a day

So, as you can see, we are allowed no meat, cheese, or anything else delicious.  So, I came up with an entire meal planner for myself with meal choices that my family might actually eat with me.  All of this work should produce results, right?

Let's hope.

So last night, day one of Fat Smash, I decided to make Mexican Stuffed Green Peppers.  Here are some of the major players.   I don't have an actual recipe for this. 



Basically, you mix the filling ingredients together in a bowl, (I used canned corn, canned black beans, and a half-can of enchilada sauce) while you cook a couple cups of brown rice.

 
 
I used my handy dandy Black and Decker rice cooker for this, and I start this step about 30 minutes before I need to assemble the peppers.

 
Once the rice is cooked, you can mix a cup into the filling mixture.
 
 
Then, get stuffing!  Pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce over top.  If you aren't on
Phase One of the Fat Smash diet, you might want to add some shredded cheddar
on top of this, but I passed.  Didn't need it!
 


I covered the peppers with foil and baked in a 400 degree oven for
about 45 minutes.  I added a little low-fat sour cream (which isn't exactly
phase one but....) and voila.



Pretty?  Maybe not.  But I didn't feel like I was on a diet!  Score!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Inappropriate T-Shirts!